Who: Committee for Children
Position: Product Manager
What: Committee for Children (CFC) is a nonprofit working globally to prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Our research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 26,000 schools in 70 countries around the world. These programs have helped more than 9 million children stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
Are you an experienced product manager who has a passion for working in the education market? Do you have experience working with program development, sales, marketing, and technology teams in the creation and maintenance of digital and print products? If you answered yes to these questions, you’ll want to explore this opportunity!
The product manager is responsible for developing strategic product roadmaps and delivering timely and compelling digital enhancements to existing products, services, and websites that improve usability, support program implementation, and engage customers. As the product manager you will assist in the collection of user data, aid in the creation and deployment of new print and digital products and features, and shepherd projects from concept to launch.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with the ability to collaborate effectively across functions and departments and will be self-motivated to identify problems and find workable solutions. Above all this person will stay informed of trends and gather industry and audience data to help anticipate changes in market needs. This role will also identify necessary enhancements to our physical and digital products.
- Work with and sometimes lead cross-functional teams consisting of program development, user experience, design and tech staff to envision new features/products/needs for CFC print and digital programs and sites that are easy to use and meet the needs of users
- Aid in and coordinate the creation of valuable, usable, feasible products, content, and features for digital channels, focusing on our product web site
- Coordinate and lead initiatives for ongoing product support and site improvements
- Gather deep customer insights and business knowledge and expertise and continuously deepen that knowledge to ensure customers’ needs are met
- Work with other managers to develop digital channel strategies and work with the technical solutions architect to translate those strategies into initiatives considering scope, cost, feasibility, technology alternatives and business needs
- Develop and implement creative, cutting-edge strategies for increasing customer engagement and providing support via Committee for Children’s digital sites and tools
- Help build and maintain a member network and online community
- Collaborate with marketing and communications managers to create and launch campaigns and features that encourage ongoing customer relationships and engagement with CFC and our products
- Optimize the digital experience of customers to retain existing customers
- Review design projects and make recommendations/suggestions to move projects forward according to budget, timeline, priority, and project goals
- Support outreach and marketing initiatives through management of design and tech resources
- Create project plans and manage budgets and timelines for campaigns and projects
- Ensure that strategies and plans are coordinated and sequenced against the backdrop of broader business and digital strategies and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in digital product/project management, digital marketing, business, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience interacting with customers online and developing strategies for online engagement
- Excellent project management, time management, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Experience overseeing and managing projects and cross-functional teams
- Analytical thinker, with a good sense for data and the ability to leverage it for optimal strategic performance
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Experience with content management systems and learning management systems, plus knowledge of online communications tools and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How: Apply Here