Who: Blue Origin
Position: Avionics Software Development Test Engineer
Where: Kent, WA
What: Blue Origin, LLC is developing technologies to enable private human access to space at dramatically lower cost and increased reliability. We’ve adopted an incremental approach, with each development step building on the prior development. We are currently focused on developing rocket-powered Vertical Takeoff and Vertical Landing (VTVL) vehicles for access to suborbital and orbital space.
Responsibilities: As part of a small team, you’ll write code to ensure the correct performance of our innovative real-time embedded systems. Together, our team develops and verifies both on-board and ground software that monitors and controls fully autonomous spacecraft. This hands-on position requires a commitment to quality and attention to detail commensurate with safe human spaceflight and provides an opportunity to directly impact the history of human space exploration. In this position, you will:
- Analyze requirements to develop test strategies
- Promote Design for Testability as a core principle of the software development team
- Write code to implement frameworks for automated verification
- Create and use test tools and processes
- Invent requirements-based approaches to expose corner cases and guarantee comprehensive code coverage
- Collaborate with software development engineers and hardware simulation engineers to identify and resolve root causes of failures
- Participate in the planning for new spaceflight systems
Requirements: Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field. 3+ years of software development and test experience. Strong software development skills, particularly in C/C++. Strong software test skills. Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Innovative problem solver with an interest in spacecraft systems development. Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs. U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export-controlled technical information.
Desired: Experience developing and testing real-time embedded systems, gaming systems, control systems, device drivers, or mobile devices. Familiarity with sensors and actuators, including GPS, accelerometers, rate gyros, pressure or temperature sensors, solenoids, servos. Experience with Linux, GNU toolchain, Python, Lua, MATLAB/Simulink, real time operating systems, serial communications, IP networking