Position: Senior Software Development Engineer
What: Today’s retail and tomorrow’s Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications rely on item-status data sourced from UHF RFID tags. Impinj, the world’s #1 provider of UHF RFID products and solutions, is looking for experienced Software Development Engineers to design and develop server platforms and APIs that process and deliver RFID-based real-time data streams for enterprise and cloud applications. Join the Impinj team and apply your knowledge and experience architecting enterprise and cloud-based applications to this exciting IoT future.
- Make architectural design choices, define APIs, develop distributed services, and build a scalable multi-platform IoT solution.
- Develop software for Impinj’s data streaming and Web services products. Leverage open-source server framework, enhance functionality, and develop new algorithms and features.
- Interface closely with our fast-paced hardware and software development teams using agile methodologies. Our company culture encourages innovation, technical leadership, and quality products.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related field and 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience with service platforms.
- Experience developing or defining RESTful web services APIs.
- Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
- Experience with NoSQL storage platforms, Hadoop/map-reduce, and real-time data streaming.
- A demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Prior experience with event-driven systems.
- Prior experience with audio, video or RFID data streaming, codecs and data compression.
- Prior experience with machine learning, proficiency in R, and knowledge of technologies such as Mahout, Shark/Spark, etc.
Contact: Apply here.