Position: UX/UI Designer I
What: As part of the Product Management organization, the UX/UI Designer contributes to the user-centered design process to create meaningful experience concepts, and to execute on those concepts.
Essential Tasks and Duties:
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, click-throughs, or simple prototypes
- Develop refined, high-fidelity functional prototypes to substantiate and sell concepts to development teams and senior leadership
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
- Work with other designers and project contributors to ensure the consistency and quality of the site
- Work closely with developers to ensure that products are being implemented to spec and to find ways to push the limits of existing technologies
- Maintain knowledge of user interface processes, tools and best practices to achieve higher quality, lower costs and shorter time to market
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and experiences
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Overtime as required.
- Travel as required to support Zonar’s needs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive application functionality, interaction, web site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
- Highly collaborative, ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while managing multiple projects
- Excellent written, oral and diagrammatic communication skills, comfortable working with and presenting to all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand and interpret existing site design, mobile design and style guides to inform your work
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in UX/UI Design for mobile and\or web products
- Experience with storyboarding, user persona development, designing user/process flow diagrams, sketches, wireframes, click-through demos, or prototypes
- Working knowledge of industry standard visual design tools, including but not limited to: Balsamiq, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Demonstrated skill and experience in creating site maps, user flows, wireframes and user interface designs
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for the consumer devices
**Applicants must have a web-based portfolio to be considered for this position
Contact: Apply here.