Position: Web & Mobile Developer
What: Reporting to the Director of Technology Solutions, you’ll be actively engaged and collaborate throughout the life of a project (discovery, visual design, interaction design, etc), and will ultimately be responsible for bringing beautiful ideas to digital life. Any day of the week you may be coding a web site, developing a mobile app, or creating an email, all while conscientiously testing your work and helping others knock through their coder’s block. By working across multiple clients and projects you will learn and try new things every day.
- Develop responsive websites & web applications (in various languages and frameworks)
- Develop native mobile applications for iOS and/or Android
- Integrate services and data using third-party APIs
- Implement web designs using standards-compliant, semantically correct HTML and CSS
- Participate in code reviews and contribute solutions to the team
- Keep up with technology trends such as web, mobile, and social, and participate in knowledge exchanges with peers
- A strong foundation in general programming theory, fundamental programming concepts and patterns.
- Real world experience with relational database design and building database-driven web applications
- Native application development for one or more mobile platforms
- Ability to integrate with third-party APIs and web services
- Advanced, standards-compliant HTML and CSS development
- Passion for learning languages, frameworks, and other technologies
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment
- Ability to accept feedback, effectively articulate your technical decisions, and participate in group problem-solving
- Ability to focus and work under pressure in the event of tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external audiences
- Humor, tact, and professionalism
- Responsive web design techniques
- Experience with emerging HTML5 and related technologies
- Experience with NoSQL database systems
- Ability to work within Adobe Creative Suite (primary focus on Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Working with development collaboration tools (source control, build automation, bug tracking, etc)
- Experience managing and maintaining servers and web applications
- Experience working with large-scale content management systems
- Do you love RESTful APIs and JSON? Check out our API specification for more info at http://api.toolhouse.com and use the job ID “web-mobile-developer” when submitting your application.
- Don’t despise email? Include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.