Position: Sr. Web Developer
What: Us: Toolhouse is a tight-knit team of passionate developers, designers, writers and out-of-the-box thinkers with a common goal: to create uncommon digital solutions and have fun doing it. They have clients from coast to coast and in Europe – all leaders in their respective industries. They work in small teams on big projects, do great work, and have a damn good time doing it.
You: You have an innate passion for technology and coding. You love learning and trying emerging and proven technologies, platforms, and languages. When it comes to developing for the web you are an innovator, problem solver, coding neat freak, and deliverer of mind-blowing-techno-magic, all rolled up into one. You’re passionate about where the web is going and constantly helping to bridge the gap between where a client is and where technology can take them.
The Job: Reporting to the Director of Technology Solutions, you’ll be actively engaged and collaborate throughout the life of a project (discovery, visual design, interaction design, etc), and will ultimately be responsible for bringing beautiful ideas to digital life. Any day of the week you may be coding a web site, developing a mobile app, or creating an email, all while conscientiously testing your work and helping others knock through their coder’s block. By working across multiple clients and projects you will learn and try new things every day. Toolhouse offers full benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401K contribution matching.
- Develop object-oriented web applications (in various languages and frameworks)
- Design and implement database-driven web applications
- Integrate services and data into web applications using third-party APIs
- Implement web designs using standards-compliant, semantically correct HTML and CSS
- Participate in code reviews and contribute solutions to the team
- Keep up with technology trends such as web, mobile, and social, and participate in knowledge exchanges with peers
- A strong foundation in general programming theory, fundamental programming concepts and patterns.
- Real world experience with relational database design and building database-driven web applications
- Ability to integrate with third-party APIs and web services
- Advanced, standards-compliant HTML and CSS development
- Passion for learning languages, frameworks, and other technologies
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment
- Ability to accept feedback, effectively articulate your technical decisions, and participate in group problem-solving
- Ability to focus and work under pressure in the event of tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external audiences
- Humor, tact, and professionalism
- Native application development for one or more mobile platforms
- Responsive web design techniques
- Experience with emerging HTML5 and related technologies
- Experience with NoSQL database systems
- Ability to work within Adobe Creative Suite (primary focus on Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Working with development collaboration tools (source control, build automation, bug tracking, etc)
- Experience managing and maintaining servers and web applications
- Experience working with large-scale content management systems
Contact: Apply using the following two options:
- Do you love RESTful APIs and JSON? Check out the API specification for more info at http://api.toolhouse.com and use the job ID “web-developer” when submitting your application.
- Don’t despise email? Send an e-mail to jobs [at] toolhouse.com. Include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.