Position: Marketing & Web Coordinator
What: Richard Hugo House for writers is now hiring a Marketing and Web Coordinator. Responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing strategy that will promote Hugo House’s programs, expanding the organization’s visibility.
- Manage the web and branding redesign project in partnership with an outside design and web development firm and the digital committee (a team of staff, board members, and community volunteers)
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual marketing plan and marketing budget
- Implement changes to the branding and website throughout the organization, effectively informing and training staff as needed
Design & Marketing:
- Manage and maintain online presence, including hugohouse.org, online class catalog, and social media. Responsible for content, some design, and SEO.
- Maintain active communications with Hugo House patrons, including writing, designing, and distributing email newsletters
- Create printed materials for events, classes, and fundraising initiatives such as brochures, posters, annual report, ads, and the quarterly class catalog
- Write clean and engaging copy for online and print campaigns
- Coordinate with printers and other outside contractors
- Develop an annual PR strategy to maximize awareness of Hugo House through press releases and media relationships
- Maintain a strong relationship with the local and national print and electronic media, including pitching stories and responding to inquiries
- Coordinate media sponsorships
- Track all Hugo House press, maintaining and updating the existing archive
- Minimum of 2 years full-time experience in marketing and website oversight
- Excellent writing and editorial skills (please provide two writing samples)
- Experience in project management from start to finish
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to balance last-minute, ongoing, and long-term projects
- Demonstrated effectiveness leveraging social media marketing tools
- Team orientation and willingness to work with others to solve problems
- Self-starter who enjoys finding solutions
- Experience administrating websites (HTML5/Drupal preferred)
- Knowledge of databases
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- BA in marketing, graphic design, or equivalent experience
- Love for literature with knowledge of the contemporary literary world
- Previous nonprofit and/or arts marketing experience
Job Conditions: This job requires the ability to use desktop computers, navigate stairs, and lift 20-35 pounds.
Contact: Apply online. Submit a cover letter, resume, and two applicable writing samples.