Position: UI/UX Designer
What: Portent is looking for a UX Designer to design and develop a sophisticated web application. Candidate will be responsible for the project from concept to code and will work with developers through launch. This is an exciting project that will no doubt challenge your skills. The candidate must be fluent in AJAX, JQuerry, XHTML, and CSS. You’ll work in a dedicated development team of experienced individuals and you will be integral to project success. This is a 2 month contract with the possibility of long term extension upon completion.
Portent is a Seattle-based full service internet marketing company and is located on the 17th floor of the Smith Tower in downtown Seattle. Founded in 1995, Portent has grown into one of the nation’s premier firms, helping business clients achieve their goals by utilizing expert knowledge in the realms of SEO, paid search, social media, analytics, copywriting, web development, and more. Portent’s approach has succeeded in industries ranging from technology to travel, for B2B, B2C and B2G companies and is now poised for even greater growth within an expanding industry.
Portent is committed to hiring smart, curious and high performing leaders who embrace the principles of integrity, respect, personal responsibility, teamwork and growth.
- Develops and produces information architecture such as creative plans, sitemaps, wireframes, navigation patterns, imagery and style guides.
- Plans and conducts user experience research and testing to provide an optimal end user experience.
- Designs visually compelling user interface and interactivity for complex applications.
- Produces clean, fast loading, cross-browser compatible compliant mark up and is knowledgeable of SEO/SEM marketing tactics.
- Is proven to meet deadlines, communicate deliverables and present quality work at all levels of a project.
- 2+ years professional agency UI/UX experience.
- Must have an excellent eye for design and a solid understanding of UI patterns and emerging trends in the UX field.
- Must be able to work within a team environment and communicate project updates and report to the CEO or Project Managers in a timely manner.
- Must have solid working knowledge of graphic industry standards and design concepts for web and mobile.
Contact: This is a 2 month contract position with the possibility of short to long term extension. Salary negotiable depending on experience and skills. To apply to this position, send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Include the answer to this question: if you were a character on The Office (the US version) which one would you be and why?