Who: The Washington School Information Processing Cooperative (WSIPC)
Position: Web Producer
Where: Everett, WAWhat: The Washington School Information Processing Cooperative (WSIPC) located in Everett, WA is seeking candidates for the position of Web Producer. The Web Producer will be responsible for the overall management of WSIPC’s corporate Web site ensuring a consistent look and feel is maintained. The incumbent is responsible for creating original Web site content and collaborating with other content owners to ensure the site contains current information. A strong understanding of a variety of Web development languages and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
• Prepare a long-term plan for Web site development and presence, including standards and guidelines for content, based on business goals and input from stakeholders
• Co-ordinate with departments and content creators from across the organization
• Program HTML pages and upload them onto the site
• Ensure a consistent look and feel across the Web site by promoting uniform fonts, formatting, icons, images, and layout, and creating appropriate templates to assist content authors
• Find, diagnose, and fix Web site problems, including broken links (both internal and external), typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies
• Identify, implement, and manage Web site presence and promotion opportunities
• Participate in the development and integration of graphical and multimedia components into the Web site, including audio and video, with due regard paid to appropriate compression techniques, resolution, sizes, color maps, and depths to ensure high quality and speed of delivery
• Develop, implement, and adhere to regular Web site maintenance policies and procedures (i.e. end user content change requests, update/maintenance schedules) to ensure site accuracy and timeliness
• Set and enforce standards that ensure site accessibility for users with disabilities or impairments
• Track and evaluate new standards, technologies and trends in Web site development, design, and delivery
• Assess competing Web sites as regards content, look and feel, and functionality, and make improvement recommendations to our organization’s site
• Associate degree in the field of computer science or a related field and/or 2-4 years equivalent work experience
• Certified Web Designer (CWD) or equivalent certificate a plus
• Expert level knowledge of Web technologies, production, protocols, and tools
• Advanced experience with HTML and CSS; working knowledge of SQL Server
• Experience with IIS 6, 7, or 7.5
• Working knowledge of content writing and strategy
• Working knowledge of Web authoring, development, and publishing tools
• Strong understanding of communications, marketing, and customer service principles
• Experience with graphic and multimedia design
• Comprehensive experience with all aspects of Web site content management
• Exceptional customer service orientation
Contact: Application materials must include the following in order to be considered for the applicant pool:
1. Cover letter which addresses the qualifications listed above.
2. The position reference number.
3. Resume listing previous employers, employment dates and responsibilities applicable to the position.
4. E-mail application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org