Position: Production artist, e-commerce
Where: SeattleWhat: Creative execution and production of concepts and designs for e-comm related product such as: web-sites, landing pages, banner ads, e-mail templates, mini web-sites etc. This position will mostly execute work after the creative concept has been established, however in some cases creating concepts is required. Execute the creative strategy and ensure that projects are consistent, visually pleasing and completed on established schedule targets.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Responsible for design of web related projects. In addition there will be instances where support for catalog and collateral projects for print is needed.
- Designs and develops from concept through finished product stages.
- Collaborates with Creative Directors, end-client and production team to identify project needs and design finished product to support the brand objective.
- Works on accounts that are moderately complex and non-routine.
- Demonstrates the ability to make suggestions pertaining to the identification of critical elements and alternatives to implement the most appropriate solution.
- Establishes priorities for assigned tasks and coordinates phases of work with others.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately. Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments. Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
- Must be well versed on Macintosh platform (OSX) and industry standard applications: Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Able to demonstrate rendering and thumbnail drawing skills to produce concept sketches and working comps. 3-D experience with Maya or alike software is a plus.
- Ability to provide creative concepts and understand a high-level of retail advertising.
- Must have knowledge of prepress methods in order to produce printable artwork.
Contact: Please apply online via the Careers section of www.rrd.com.