Position: Content Specialist/Writer
What: From specialty retail to corporate interiors, Callison applies holistic design to a diverse range of projects and markets around the world. We form collaborative relationships with top-tier brands and developers and provide expertise in areas such as sustainability, design technology, branding and real estate strategy. This empowers us to create environments that exceed business goals, inspire communities and provide emotional returns for users.
With ten offices practicing in the world’s major economic markets, we provide our employees access to multiple projects, Fortune 500 clients and cutting-edge technology. In turn, their individual career development fuels our global practice. Callison is growing in tandem with change in our industry and we’re looking for operations team members, architects and interior designers to be a part of our vision. We’re looking for an experienced Content Specialist/Writer with solid content creation skills for long-form and web.
• Able to collaborate with Callison’s marketing teams, partner, architects and planners to devise creative communications.
• Versatility is a critical piece of this position.
• Responsible for web writing, social media B2B, business writing, architectural writing, editing, short and long-form writing and proofreading.
• The role additionally supports business development pursuits and proposals so the ability to write concise, value-based copy under deadline is a must.
Successful candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a professional service environment
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
• Strong research and communication (written and verbal) skills, along with strong analytical skills in order to identify story opportunities.
• Must also have concrete familiarity with popular content management systems such as WordPress or Drupal.
• Ability to multi-task effectively and work well under pressure.
• Ability to work closely with the design leaders and communications colleagues to translate ideas into actionable communications plans.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of best practices for PR, Social Media, SEO.
• Advanced understanding of appropriate software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and basic capabilities in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop).
• Demonstrated leadership skills and relationship building experience.
• Ability to work independently; ability to work with virtual team members and manage freelance writers; experience interfacing with editorial staff.