Who: Big Fish Games
Position: Web Developer
What: Take a closer look at Big Fish Games Engineering Team. Although our culture is made of fun things like scooters and Nerf gun wars, we are also serious about business and the development of some pretty killer products and services. We were recognized in Internet Retailer Magazine’s Top 500 Guide for “largest retail websites” and in 2010, hit our billionth download. Now that’s a lot of games! We look for engineers and developers who love creative freedom and accountability and also the opportunity to participate in a hack-a-thon every now and again where we pick the top idea and implement it.
You — doing this:
- Work as a team member to ensure that implementation details translate through to shipping products and services that serve business needs. Emphasis on teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, backend engineers and usability engineers to refine the user experience
- Show product ownership and strong inter-personal skills
- Interface with the UI community to absorb the latest trends and emerging technologies
- Develop low fidelity functional design prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable rapid iterative support for evaluative usability
Do you have skills?
- A proven track record of launching interactive internet sites/applications
- Must demonstrate strong interaction and rapid prototype engineering skills across a broad spectrum of technologies including:
- HTML / XHTML / HTML5
- PHP / SQL
- XML / JSON
- Adobe Photoshop
You have these? You have our attention:
- BA/BS degree or higher, preferably in CS
- SVN, Unix
- 5+ years of experience as key member of a UI design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of several successfully launched software applications
- Ability to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
Come be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
Big Fish Games is regularly recognized as a company on the move! We’ve been included in the Inc. 500 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list and research firm NPD Group’s ranking of the company as the Top casual games digital retailer in the U.S. for 2010. A loyal and global customer base and a great culture make Big Fish Games a rewarding place to work. We’ve been named as one of Seattle Magazine’s “Best of the Decade” in the Culture category. We hope you’ll join us in being part of the Big Fish Games success story.
Contact: Click here to apply.