Position: E-mail Marketing Copywriter
What: If you want to use your superhero-like writing and marketing abilities to benefit the greater good, look no further! CharityUSA.com is currently looking for an E-mail Marketing Copywriter. “Communicate and motivate” is what we do–by e-mailing millions of people daily–all to benefit worthy causes. And we’ve been doing it successfully since 1999! You need to be a little bit left-brain and a little bit right-brain to fit in on this creative team driven by bottom line results. Not only will you be writing copy–ranging on topics from store promotions and our latest and greatest products, to updates on how our supporters specifically helped charities around the world–but you’ll be creating links, coordinating graphics, and looking at reports to evaluate the effectiveness of your efforts. Want to learn more? Read on!
Responsibilities: Writing and editing product and promotional marketing copy, and cause-related copy, for various consumer-/supporter-facing e-mail formats and all CharityUSA.com brands. Working with graphic designers to merchandise products, showcase offers, and ensure pieces are consistent with brand. Testing e-mail blasts several times weekly; proofing e-mail for accurate content; verifying all HTML links work. Uploading e-mail content and scheduling it to blast. Tracking and reporting on blast results as requested.
• At least two years experience in writing marketing copy (ad, product, promotional) and/or cause-related copy; experience in e-mail or online marketing/work with online retailing a plus.
• Must be able to write effective copy of various lengths–headlines, short two-sentence blurbs, newsletters, etc.–to achieve specific marketing goals.
• Must be able to quickly grasp and embrace the nuances of writing for numerous established audiences/brands to drive and deliver copy that is consistent, appropriate and effective.
• Must be able to work independently and within a team. Must have ability to work with both on-site and remote teammates.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills: The ability to communicate effectively via e-mail, IM/chat, by phone and in person with teammates, manager, and others within the company is required.
• Must be attentive to detail and have ability to work quickly yet with accuracy.
• Must have excellent follow through, organizational and time management skills, and be able to meet deadlines.
• Ability to take initiative; offer new ideas; keep abreast of competition and market trends.
• Must enjoy and be successful in a fast-paced workflow.
• Experience analyzing marketing campaigns a plus.
• Proficiency using computer and general business applications (e.g. Microsoft Office suite), and demonstrated ability to learn new software and online applications.
• Passion for company mission important.
• Sense of humor required.
Contact: Please submit one to two short marketing focused writing samples along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail should reference “E-Mail Marketing Copywriter” in the subject line of your e-mail. Only candidates who submit their resume with a cover letter and writing samples will be considered. All resume and materials must be received by Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:00 PM Pacific Time.