Position: User Experience Designer
What: DomainTools is the leader in domain name intelligence and a Top 200 Alexa site. We operate in an open, creative, fast-paced environment that emphasizes teamwork. We are located in Belltown (Seattle) in a very cool office staffed with bright and engaging co-workers. DomainTools is a profitable company that has been in operation for almost 10 years. Do you love to…
Create exceptional UI and UX Designs that captivate users and drive their engagement? Create simplicity from chaos? Want to make a big impact at a small but dynamic (and profitable!) Internet data company in the heart of Belltown? If so, read on…
The UX Designer will be involved in early planning of new products and product features, in usability review of existing products and features, and will have significant input on user interface design, information architecture and visual presentation across DomainTools’ website and products.
This critical role will drive design improvements to existing products and complete design of new products and features. The UX Designer will also create marketing materials such as banner advertising and various forms of print collateral at the direction of the Marketing Manager.
This is a broad reaching position and expert-level abilities are critical in information architecture, conversion architecture, interaction design, UI design, copywriting and general visual design. If you have experience designing web applications that provide powerful ways to access and view data, while at the same time pulling users towards desired conversion outcomes, this position is for you!
- 3-5 years of experience in web-centric UI/UX design.
- Ability to design and plan the entire user experience across multiple products and interfaces so that it is complete, consistent and holistic, and to adapt that plan to an iterative development model.
- Ability to produce complete UX/UI specifications, including use cases, user flows, personas, wireframes and pixel-perfect mockups.
- Ability to quickly understand technical subject matter and understand DomainTools’ customer base.
- Ability to work with different internal groups to gain understanding of business and technology requirements, to passionately advocate for “the user,” and to work with engineers to find pragmatic solutions to design problem.
- Experience working with a team of engineers in an Agile / iterative-development environment.
Bachelor’s degree in user experience or user interface design or equivalent work experience.