Who: Sur La Table
Position : Web Content Administrator
What: Under general supervision, this position is responsible for maintaining marketing and merchandising content on surlatable.com. Working under the Director of Online Creative, and with Web Development, Graphic Design, and Web Merchandising staff, this individual will administer customer-facing content including but not limited to homepage and category page marketing slots and banners, culinary and gift registry content, recipes, seasonal shops and landing pages, and any other content required by the business. As assigned, this individual may also be responsible for content on Sur La Table’s internal SharePoint/intranet site.
Other duties may include consultation with business users regarding definition and delivery of web information, communication with Marketing and Merchandising staffs to coordinate the implementation and maintenance of such information on the website, and documentation of policies and procedures regarding the preceding requirements.Responsibilities: Using commerce platform’s administrative GUI, update and maintain marketing, merchandising and all other content on surlatable.com.
• Research and determine, or assist others in the determination of, what information or content should be communicated via the department or division website(s) to motivate users to increase site utilization.
• Consult and interface with the appropriate staff to identify and implement useful tools to define and deploy information on the website(s).
• Interface with technical staff and users regarding maintenance procedures on the website(s).
• Serve as a resource to staff or other end users by providing functional guidance to define the most appropriate method and format for information presentation/delivery.
• Perform editorial activities including gathering and researching information to enhance the value of the site. This includes quality review for site content: consistency, spelling, grammar/syntax, etc. May also verify facts, dates and statistics.
• Implement modifications on current pages; create new web pages as necessary.
• May interface with vendors to locate, review and coordinate the pursuit of content to enhance website information and effectiveness.
• Documentation of all above processes/procedures, for varied readership.
• Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
Requirements: Proven skills in web content administration (navigating site management tools, searching for and locating content assets, updating existing material, creating new material based on layouts, variable requirements, etc.). Must have general understanding of website architecture/functionality.
• Required: thorough knowledge of business, journalism, communications or English as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Required: general understanding of web-based technologies and tools (HTML, FrontPage and/or other web applications), concepts, and practices/procedures.
• Strongly desired: experience with fast-paced ecommerce environment/operations.
• Strongly desired: exposure to ATG ecommerce platform and administrative GUI.
• Desired: experience with ecommerce Product Information Management system (PIM) or similar product-catalog database application(s).
• Required: ability to use oral and/or written communication skills to present technical and web-based information in a logical and comprehensible format.
• Desired: experience with Quality Assurance Testing (black box and white box) methods.
Contact: Please apply at www.surlatable.com