Position: Social Media Intern
What: Wetpaint is on the hunt for Social Media Interns to help manage our social media presence across Facebook and Twitter. This is a *paid internship* with the opportunity to advance to regular, full-time employment. First, a few questions to see if it’s right for you: Do you have social media “issues”? If you can’t walk a block without checking your Facebook or dreaming up something to tweet, then this may be the job for you. BUT, your social media habits must also come along with a deep interest in knowing more about how the social web works. If you already know what “EdgeRank” is, then you’re on the right path. If you satisfy both of these, read on. Are you also TV and pop-culture obsessed? Someone with a near encyclopedic knowledge ofacross a variety of TV shows (see www.wetpaint.com for examples of what we cover)?. Still yes? Read on.
(1) Working directly with the editorial and social media teams to create the Wetpaint social experience
(2) Engaging directly with fans/followers to keep the discussion active and interesting
(3) Experimenting with new ways of engaging with fans/followers
(4) Identifying and building relationships with key influencers on topics we cover
From a tactical, day-to-day perspective, what this means is that you’ll be:
– Posting Wetpaint content to Facebook and Twitter for a set of Wetpaint fan pages
– Writing status updates (polls, questions, quizzes, etc.) to engage the community
– Keeping track of “the conversation” and responding where appropriate
– Building our fan base on Facebook and Twitter
– Tracking performance of post/tweet activity and reporting on results
– Monitoring Facebook and Twitter for content ideas to send back to the editorial team
Contact: To appy for this position, please email email@example.com and attach your resume and *two TV-related writing samples* (300 – 500 words each) on a show of your choice, then let’s talk. Resume submissions without writing samples will be immediately disregarded. This position is FULL -TIME, Monday through Friday.