Who: A Place for Mom
Positon: Marketing Director of Online Channels
What: The Marketing Director of Online Channels is a new, key position that will bring vision to a critical component to A Place for Mom’s (APFM) marketing success during an integral time of growth and development. APFM has a national presence with a local feel. In June 2010, the company was purchased by Warburg Pincus, one of the most respected private equity companies in the world. The company has been repeatedly named to the Inc Magazine “Inc 5000” list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. (3 years running), as well as the Puget Sound Business Journal’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the Northwest (6 years running), and the Deloitte Fast 50 High-Growth Technology Companies in Washington State (3 years running).
Responsibilities: Providing marketing and management leadership, the Marketing Director of Online Channels will take APFM into the future, continuing with great success by increasing national leads from all channels. Reporting to the head of marketing, the Marketing Director’s main focus will be to create, measure, analyze and optimize online marketing programs, and manage internal partners and external agencies to achieve marketing goals. This position will manage a small team of talented marketing specialists to create and deploy highly effective online marketing programs utilizing data-driven multivariate and split-cell testing to drive channel performance. The Director will be responsible for managing successful online marketing campaigns in multiple channels, including SEM, SEO, PPC, Ad Networks, Affiliate Marketing, targeted Banner Advertising and “traditional” Business Development activities with all online sources including Web MD, MSN, AOL, etc. Understanding, tracking, and taking action against key metrics will be central to the job.
Requirements: This position is both creative and analytical in nature. The successful candidate will develop and implement an analytics process to ensure all marketing initiatives meet or exceed measurable objectives, ensuring changes can be made to optimize performance. The Director will oversee and manage the various P&Ls and budgets assigned/allocated to the Online Channels and will set performance goals accordingly. The successful candidate will be someone who is very passionate about the web and digital marketing and knows how to drive both traffic and conversion rates.
• Minimum of 5 years successfully managing online channels
• Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA is preferred, either with marketing focus
• Minimum of 3 years successful experience with staff management
• Prior experience managing online channels at either a direct advertiser or digital ad agency
• Success building and managing affiliate marketing relationships and channels
• Strong understanding of Statistics
• Experience implementing split-cell and multivariate marketing tests a must; familiarity with is SAS a plus
• Solid experience in online media buying for lead generation, email, and display advertising, including ad networks on CPM, CPC, and CPL basis
• Track record of success growing and managing metrics-driven advertising campaigns
• Solid understanding of the technologies underpinning online marketing and website management
• Proven success with researching, coordinating, implementing and reporting on search campaigns
• Advanced excel skills a must
• Experience with WEB analytics software, such as Omniture or Webtrends
• Proven success with delivering results on time and within budget
• Clear and effective communication, written and verbal
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
Contact: Apply via online service.