Who: Reader’s Digest Assoc.
Position: Sr. Digital Marketing Analyst
What: With a customer database of more than 130 million, we produce and sell magazines, books, music, videos, advertising and other products to customers in 78 countries. Our other products include consumer goods, fitness products and financial services. We develop content and create and deliver products to customers in 21 languages through multiple channels, including direct mail (including catalogs), direct response television (“DRTV”), the Internet and retail.
We publish 90 magazines worldwide, with a total circulation of approximately 34 million and an estimated global readership of more than 100 million . We sold nearly 40 million books and home entertainment products, including Reader’s Digest Select Editions, general books, series books, recorded music collections and video products. Our global digital platform comprises 83 branded websites. This position is based in the beautiful new offices on Westlake Plaza, conveniently located in the shopping district of downtown Seattle.
• Work with VP of Digital Marketing to create and evangelize dashboards to assist in decision-making. This process will include defining and documenting standardized metrics.
• Prepare regular reports to support email marketing, digital marketing, digital publishing and ecommerce efforts and company, site and user metrics.
• Measure site usability and effectiveness while turning data into actionable recommendations.
• Produce BI functional specifications and analysis for requirements, business models, and follow up with pre/post analysis to support product initiatives.
• Assist the Marketing Managers and VP of Digital Marketing in translating functional requirements to the technical specifications.
• Leverage line-of-business (LOB) applications such as Omniture, Salesforce, Doubleclick, FatTail, etc. to provide reports on various business areas.
• Identify areas of operational improvement, either in ecommerce, sales conversion, site design, or marketing, based on input from managers and by analyzing data from various sources.
• Assist in automation efforts as needed for executive and senior-level reporting.
• Build strong cross-functional relationships with business units.
• Minimum 2 years of web analytics experience, including web metrics experience, experience implementing Omniture or similar tools for web analytics tracking.
• BA/BS in quantitative coursework (e.g. mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, information systems) required.
• Understanding of business process analysis, system analysis and data analysis.
• Hands-on experience with business intelligence software (e.g. SQL Server, Business Objects, Cognos, Hyperion, etc.), and current knowledge of trends and applications in the industry.
• Expert ability in Excel required.
• Expertise in MS Office applications required.
• Knowledge in production processes and project management methodologies would be nice to have.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including verbal, written, listening and presentation.
• Strong process flow and diagramming skills.
Contact: To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email or visit the Seattle careers page at https://hostedjobs.openhire.com/epostings/submit.cfm?company_id=15964&version=3