Position: Marketing Media Specialist
What: Here at ExOfficio we put passion and inspiration to work. Being part of the ExOfficio team means pulling out all the stops, finding strength from each other and nurturing talents into know-how. We believe that challenge is part of the fun and fun is part of the challenge. We’re searching for a bright and eager Marketing Media specialist to develop and implement the company’s public relations plan. Reporting to the Brand Manager, this individual provides a wide range of marketing and public relations services in accordance with the goals of the company. The Marketing media specialist, markets and positions the company’s brand and products through effective marketing messages to media and other potential partners.
• Writes all press releases
• Develops and maintains effective media contacts
• Strategizes and implements the company’s public relations plan
• Manages public relations distribution lists and editorial copy approval
• Presents and strategizes public relations message and presents products to the media at tradeshows and events
• Provides monthly PR Hit summary to internal and external parties
• Manages on-going product requests for trade publications
• Actively seeks pr contacts by pitching to top publications, bloggers and product reviewers
• Manages outside pr agency for monitoring and creates a monthly report for parent company
• Organizes, schedules, coordinates, and attends Press Events to represent the brand and products to the attending media
• Develops social media strategies and plans to integrate into marketing mix; Performs continual updates and adjusts plans accordingly to meet business needs.
• Manages social media calendar, and coordinates efforts to communicate effectively with consumers in the social media space and to consistently deliver new dynamic content to consumers throughout the year.
• Works with cross-functional teams to deliver a consistent brand voice and message across all social media platforms (e.g.Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Blog posts).
• Strategizes and collaborates with creative team to incorporate captivating social networking features into design templates and content, with distribution through various channels (Blog posts, viral video campaigns)
• Researches and advises creative team and communications team on trends and best practices involving new media and communications tools.
• Builds and maintains content distribution lists by way of social media channels.
• Contributes to public relations activities and efforts by monitoring news on social networks; assists with producing reports of results.
• Compiles key metric reports (e.g. tonality, number fans and followers) on a monthly basis that measure effectiveness on social media platforms.
• Establishes an implementation strategy for leveraging third-party content to enrich the overall user experience and keep the community fresh for frequent visitors.
• Fields and posts regular content to the ExOfficio blog.
Partnership Coordination (Sponsorships / Partners / Non-Profit)
• Manage and coordinate all the activities of all partnerships to achieve revenue and budget objectives
• Enhance brand positioning through positive associations with in the Outdoor, Travel and Fishing industries
• Manage and further develop business relationships with existing strategic partners
• Assist in defining partnership strategy, goals and definition of success.
• Field requests from potential new partners, explore partnership opportunities and define potential for success based on ExOfficio’s partnership parameters.
• Track, analyze and report bi-annually on key success metrics associated with sponsorship programs.
• Explore marketing opportunities for partnership involvement.
• Establish and maintain positive, cooperative working relationships with partner’s contacts.
• Define partnership product budget and fulfill orders as requested and needed.
• Coordinate promotional and event activities in relation to partner involvement.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelors degree in Marketing, English or Advertising preferred
• Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
• Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and detail oriented
• Aptitude to handle multiple projects simultaneously and under deadlines
• Proven ability to work among cross-functional teams
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. High comfort level on the telephone.
• Flexible nature with the ability to react quickly to business needs
• Ability to travel occasionally
• Ability to develop clear, targeted messages to achieve effective results
• Excellent verbal and written communication, on-line writing, and content management skills
• Demonstrable and detailed knowledge of media operations and media contacts
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
• Ability to lead, be self-motivated and keep appointed projects on track
• Knowledge of – and ability to articulate – critical environmental and social issues
• Commitment to ExOfficio’s values and vision
• A commitment to flexibility, creativity and teamwork
• Willing to work across a variety of issues, under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities and to work unsocial hours as necessary
• Ability to keep calm and work effectively under pressure
• Excellent all-around computer skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Savvy knowledge of social media tools, communities and trends