Who: Seattle Children’s Hospital
Position: Senior Web Developer (Marketing-Web Services)
What: Seattle Children’s is currently seeking a Sr. Developer to join a small team doing enhancements and upgrades to SeattleChildrens.org using Ektron CMS and .NET for customization. He/she will be designing and developing services-based applications using ASP.NET and related technologies. This position will also be responsible for leading our team in best practice, standards-based, cross browser/platform coding for website and web application development.
Staying on top of current trends, this position also assists the team in tool and technology discovery and how best to leverage those for the betterment of our user’s experience.
- Work with Ektron smart forms and site templates, Ektron API and .NET.
- Expertise in understanding and writing scripts using the jQuery library and have a solid understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Resolve eSYNC related issues.
- Manage and utilize Subversion repository for code maintenance in a multi-developer environment. Coordinate with IS to promote SQL changes to development, staging and production.
- Promote / synchronize content and templates across multiple server environments including development, preview, staging and production.
- Promote and maintain .NET code and SQL changes to Amazon Web Services instances for certain web applications.
- Resolve / diagnose data issues related to website integration with both internal and external applications and services (eg Google Maps, PubMed, Brightcove and FormStack).
- Maintain understanding of the most important elements of the Ektron API.
- Support and give input to web infrastructure setup including monitoring and alerting capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and provide support as issues are found in production environments as well as system integration and user acceptance testing.
- Responsible for designing and developing services-based applications using ASP.NET and related technologies.
- Write high quality code that is easily maintainable and follows known standards.
- Communicate design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of subsystems to team members and project managers.
Visual Studio 2008 or higher
SQL Server Management Studio
Filezilla (Or comparable FTP/sFTP solution) and Subversion (Tortoise SVN)
Must have application design experience utilizing Object-Oriented design and development
.NET experience configuring and doing custom development in a CMS
Previous experience promoting / synchronizing content and templates in a CMS
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as this position will be interacting directly with internal business partners and stakeholders
Fiddler or Firebug debugging tools
Familiarity with common SAAS based tools like FormStack, Brightcove, Google Maps, Constant Contact, etc.
Knowledge of Web based technologies like Google Analytics and Omniture
Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
Exposure, background, or training in in Ektron, WordPress and Sharepoint
Familiarity and experience with Agile/SCRUM related activities, e.g., daily standups, sprint planning sessions, product owner demos, retrospectives, etc.
Working knowledge and experience with AJAX, WSDL, REST, JSON, XML, XSLT and jQuery
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, minimum five (5) years experience of in depth experience with .NET, C#, VB.NET, MS SQL Server, stored procedures and T-SQL, experience with developing websites and applications, experience with content management systems, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred: Experience working in the web team of a large corporation or design agency dealing with high volume work, familiarity and experience with Agile/SCRUM related activities, e.g., daily standups, sprint planning sessions, product owner demos, retrospectives, etc., experience with Ektron CMS.
Contact: Apply online.