Who: Seattle Opera
Position: Web Producer
What: Seattle Opera invites application from qualified candidates for the position of Web Producer for one of the most sophisticated performing arts Web sites in the world. This full time, exempt position within the marketing group reports to the Associate Director of Marketing and will work with writers, designers, developers, staff and contractors on Web related projects.
Responsibilities: The functions of this position are broad in scope and include the following responsibilities: write copy for press releases and media alerts; proofread company communications; develop support materials for opera productions, educational programs, blogs and other social network media, and newsworthy events using a variety of formats and media (written, audio, photographic, and video); prepare and update biographical information and profiles of staff, artists, directors, designers, cast and other company members; maintain media relations tools; interface with press and media; conduct research and assist with special projects.
• Daily management of the web site and coordination with various on line social networks;
• Layout and design of pages, banner, advertising, and emails;
• Implementation of audio and video clips, Flash presentations, emails;
• Maintenance of Web standards
• Bachelors Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience;
• Minimum of 2 years experience managing production of web content and design
• Working knowledge in graphic design software such as Photoshop CS, ImageReady CS, Adobe Acrobat, and Illustrator CS3
• Understanding of recognized web coding standards such as W3C and programming languages such as My SQL and C++
• Understanding of social network platforms such as Blogger, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Twitter, etc
• Understanding of web video specifications and resolution requirements
• Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
• Familiarity with cross-browser compatibility, .NET web service and ADO.NET database technologies and basic audio editing software such as SoundForge
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time required for working on and meeting deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to manage vendor contract compliance for the web site
• Demonstrated ability to research, identify and maintain appropriate web presence in the internet marketplace in support of marketing and communication strategies.
Contact: All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter including a URL of an online portfolio. Please send materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org – or by regular mail to Seattle Opera, PO Box 9248, Seattle, WA 98109 Attention: Kristina Murti No phone calls, please.