Who: The Seattle Times
Position: Online Marketing Manager
What: The Seattle Times is seeking an Online Marketing Manager to join our dynamic Corporate Marketing team! The Online Marketing Manager is responsible for driving critical business results related to developing and implementing online marketing strategies and programs to acquire new customers and increase customer conversion rates at key customer touch points.
This position requires thorough understanding and ownership of consumer online acquisition marketing, including search engine optimization, referral traffic optimization, email marketing and affiliate marketing. This position is considered the company expert regarding Web marketing and its analytics and will be required to make data based strategic recommendations.
- Utilizes their experience and professional expertise to, conceive, implement, and measure consumer online programs designed to attract new audience to the site. Utilizes Web analytics and metrics to make recommendations on marketing and technology strategy to the Director of Marketing and Senior Management Team. Works closely with the Director of Marketing to develop and execute an annual online marketing plan, related forecast and determine prioritization.
- Works independently to monitor and optimize the effectiveness of existing marketing programs including search engine optimization, paid search, affiliate program growth and conversion rate maximization, contests and promotions, banner advertising, social media, cross-promotional efforts and email marketing.
- Develops digital marketing plan for New Media projects. Works with team members to implement and optimize supporting online marketing programs to support business objectives. Manages a product marketing manager to optimize resutls.
- Manages the ongoing cross-promotional strategy for the Marketplace sites. Identifies opportunities, works cross-functionally to create and implement placements. Monitors performance and performs ongoing optimization.
- Leads the social media marketing strategy for Marketplace sites in support of other company promotional efforts.
- Manages and tracks the online marketing budget. Utilizes personal expertise to optimize marketing dollars for best results. Monitors ROI goals on all online marketing activities and adapts accordingly.
- Manages staff
Skills and Abilities
- At least four years in an online consumer acquisition marketing position; specifically, hands-on and intimate knowledge of SEO, SEM, email marketing, ROI, and key online marketing metrics.
- At least five years experience in general marketing and principles required.
- At least two years experience working with agencies, vendors and partners required.
- Budget experience required.
- Proven online marketing and customer acquisition strategies development and management
Contact: To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org