Who: Seattle Convention & Visitors Bureau
Position: Director of Marketing
What: Seattle’s Convention & Visitors Bureau is now hiring for a Director of Marketing to be responsible for identifying market opportunities and developing short and long-term marketing strategies with the objective of attracting overnight business and promoting destination awareness and brand recognition.
A successful candidate will have travel and hospitality industry experience, knowledge of the Seattle area, strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate an aptitude for providing excellent service in all areas. This position will manage three direct reports.
Responsibilities: Develop and implement domestic and international marketing plan, set and administer budget.
• Manage relationships with advertising agencies, photographers and creative resources.
• Develop and maintain comprehensive research metrics designed to track return on investment in all market segments;
• Administer cooperative partnerships with state, regional and local partnerships to enhance the marketing plan.
• Oversee web design and creative focus of all SCVB’s and WSCC’s websites.
• Lead, motivate, train, direct and supervise department personnel.
• Manage media and advertising budget and negotiate media buys.
• Design, implement and assure completion of designated work plans, including Washington State Convention Center and City of Seattle agreements,
• Ensure maintenance of consistent brand presence in all Bureau materials and web initiatives.
• Develop destination ads and brand themes for key market segments.
• Design and Implement promotional campaigns and marketing initiatives.
Requirements: Four-year degree from an academic institution preferred. Four plus years of related experience. Excellent interpersonal, writing and communications skills. Travel industry knowledge and experience required. Destination marketing, hospitality experience and knowledge of Seattle a plus, but not prerequisite.
Contact: To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org