Position: Senior Designer
What: Redfin started with the best real estate site then we hired and partnered with the best real estate agents. Now, Redfin is seeking a great designer to develop a world-class brand both online and offline. We would prefer to hire someone in a senior role, but can adjust the scope of the position to accommodate anyone with a gorgeous portfolio, high standards, and a passion for delighting customers.
Requirements: To succeed, you’d need to be:
* A creative customer advocate: zeal for building an addictive, delightful user experience, and the instinct to identify with the customer
* Entrepreneurial: value speed, creativity and common-sense, able to initiate and willing to work hard
* Coolhunter: currency with what’s happening on the frontiers of the Internet that’s really powerful and cool
* A simplicity sensei: able to distill complicated info down to its essence, yet give the full bodied taste for those who crave the data
* Process-oriented: the attention to detail to make sure projects proceed without a hitch
Before you apply, make sure you’ve got:
* 3+ years of web design experience; experience on interactive projects is a plus.
* Gorgeous web and print portfolio
* Great communication and collaboration skills
* Creative and flexible mind that generates fantastic ideas across the design spectrum
* Expert with standard design tools including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (or equivalents).
Contact: To apply, send your resume and portfolio to Sophia.firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Designer” in the subject line. Be sure to tell us how you think we can make our site more beautiful/purposeful for the consumer.