Position:Director, Digital Practice
What: Draftfcb is a full service agency in downtown Seattle – specializing in digital, and is part of the global Draftfcb network. Our clients include Hewlett-Packard and Providence Regional Medical Center. We are a relatively, small, growing shop that believe in empowering people at all levels to breed pride of ownership. The Director, Digital Practice is a key, collaborative player at Draftfcb and a true partner to clients.
Responsibilities: Working with other functional agency leads (including integrated Account, Creative and Technology leads), The Director, Digital Practice is responsible for 4 key areas across Draftfcb Seattle digital projects:
1. Strategy: Developing and presenting digital strategies
2. Technology: Managing web technology teams and external partners
3. Scoping: Leading ongoing Level of Effort analysis and RFP/RFQ responses for new projects
4. Delivery: Ensuring flawless production, scheduling, resourcing, project management and technical implementation
The Director, Digital Practice is responsible for working with Account and Creative leadership to translate business requirements into an approach that is executable and delivers on goals.
The Director, Digital Practice collaborates closely with the other functional disciplines and external partners to ensure that technology-related project deliverables are of the highest quality and that scope is managed according to original estimates.
The Director, Digital Practice hires, trains and leads all internal technical and project management staff.
The Director, Digital Practice works directly with cross-functional discipline leads, with the client and with third-party vendors and partners, and is responsible for representing technology innovation, strategy and processes through all phases of a project from discovery to deployment.
Grow and lead a team that’s responsible for:
• Technology strategy and architecture recommendations for large-scale B2B and B2C websites, online advertising and eCRM initiatives
• Conducting technical requirements gathering, technical analysis and identification of key success metrics
• Representing technology through all key phases of the project life-cycle to manage client expectations and project risk
• Ensuring that correct technology processes are employed and followed accordingly (eg. release and QA planning, issues management, load/performance testing deployment planning) are followed by the project team
• Developing and maintain software requirements specifications and software architecture documents
• Providing accurate work estimates and make resource requests and allocations based on project requirements and budgeted scope
• Building relationships with for third-party vendors, identifying and documenting integration points with third party solutions to manage risk accordingly
• Managing and engaging in regular check-ins and follow-up with project developers and provide guidance and information related to the project in a timely fashion. Conduct regular meetings to review project risks, issues and develop mitigation and contingency plans where required
• Preparing and deliver proposals and presentations to all levels of a client’s organization in addition to regular project documentation such as schedules, status reports and technical documentation
• Reviewing contract and vendor documentation and experience writing and crafting proposal and support-level agreements
• Defining and document best practices and contributing to company knowledge sharing effort
• Participating in new business opportunities as required, develop proposals and scopes of work as required
• 8-10+ years developing and leading large-scale technology engagement and at least 4+ years doing so in an agency environment
• Working knowledge of programming languages such as .NET, Java and PHP, Perl, SQL, Flash/Flex, Ruby-on-Rails, etc. and the ability to propose alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis based on these technologies
• Expert-level knowledge in Web 2.0 technologies including AJAX, social networking and blog platforms, widget development, mobile and emerging digital interfaces
• Extensive experience working with enterprise level CMS systems, ecommerce platforms and enterprise search solutions
• Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies
• Experience managing technology teams of 10+ people (developers, QA, etc.)
• Advanced ability to analyze business requirements quickly to determine and assess feasibility
• Must have an excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.)
• Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
• Experience leading application and website development for large brands
Contact: Please send resume to email@example.com with subject line “Digital Director”