Position: Sr. Media Analyst
What: Expedia, Inc. is the world’s leading online travel company, empowering business and leisure travelers with the tools and information they need to easily research, plan, book and experience travel. Expedia, Inc. also provides in-destination concierge service and activity desks for travelers.
The Expedia, Inc. portfolio of brands includes: Expedia.com®, hotels.com®, Hotwire®, Egencia™, TripAdvisor®, Expedia Local Expert™, Classic Vacations® and eLong™. Expedia, Inc.’s companies operate more than 50 global points of sale with sites in North America, South America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
Responsibilities: Responsible for performing client analytics functions associated with online advertising campaigns, as well as assessing business trends and performance associated with a media organization. Standardize and communicate methods of tracking and measuring in-store advertising activity as part of a larger effort to become world’s greatest retailer of travel. Lead Media Solutions efforts to track and report results for partner campaigns, in-store media placements and related advertising.
• Analyze campaign effectiveness (ROI) utilizing Omniture, DoubleClick and other tools and make strategic recommendations to improve efficiencies.
• Work with Management and Sales teams to develop a new industry standard for compiling and communicating advertising and in-store campaign results.
• Leverage campaign data to help refine and redefine Media Solutions products and services.
• Partner with Sales Managers to consult and advise business partners on strategy development, campaign results and best practices.
• Extract and interpret various types of ad delivery, quantitative industry research and internal transactional data via SQL, web-based and in-house tools.
• Ensure the integrity of systems used to analyze campaign effectiveness and track media business by troubleshooting issues, employing checks – balances and advocating enhancements.
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience in analytics within online advertising
• BA/ BS degree and 2+ years in analytics or similar function
• Professional experience in the following disciplines: web analytics, online advertising, e-commerce, business measurement or a comparable reporting/analysis position.
• The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to work independently and be able to manage multiple projects.
• Experience using site analytics software such as Omniture or WebTrends and ad management systems such as DoubleClick.
• Expert level Excel skill required, including forecasting, trending, and charting as well as excellent PC skills including MS Word and PowerPoint. The candidate will have the ability to quickly learn additional applications as needed.
• Access Skills, SQL & SQL programming preferred
• Experience analyzing and manipulating large data sets
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Search advertising experience and clear understanding of the economics of search preferred
• Undergraduate degree in Statistics / Economics preferred
• Results focused – able to take the initiative and tackle complex problems with little supervision
• Self-motivated, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and communication skills.
• Great attitude, curiosity, energy and enthusiasm are critical
Contact: To apply you can respond to the email provided with your resume and (or) apply online at http://expediajobs.com/job_search/index.html