What Is WordPress and Why Is Everyone Talking About It? sponsored by Biznik
When: Wednesday, April 27th, 2011, 10 am – 12:30 pm
Where: Mosaic Den, 4401 2nd Ave NE, Seattle, Washington 98105
But you’re not sure what that involves and whether it’s the right move for your business. You have questions and you need answers.
The WordPress platform for blogs and websites is growing more popular by the day. You’ve heard the hype and everyone tells you it’s easy, but who can you really trust? And the biggest question, of course, is: What can WordPress do for you and your business?
This workshop is perfect if you are a beginner or still on the fence. We’ll look at the major issues you should consider before diving into the WordPress waters. And all without that technical jargon that sounds like another language.
You’ll have time to ask your questions as we explore things like:
• What is WordPress and why is it free?
• What are the differences between WordPress.com and a self-hosted site using the free software from WordPress.org and why should I care?
• If I decide to use WordPress software, what should I look for in a hosting service?
• How do I choose the right theme, so I get the look and ease of navigation I want for my site?
• Once I’ve installed WordPress, where do I go from there?
• What is the upside and downside of creating my site myself, rather than hiring someone to do it?
Bring your best questions and get ready for a casual, fun “non-geek” time exploring the in’s and out’s of WordPress. Of course, you’ll also get have time for some awesome networking, so bring those biz cards!