- This event has passed.
NodeSchool Seattle – August 2019
August 17 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
NodeSchool ( https://nodeschool.io/ ) is an in-person, free hosted workshop. Experienced Node.js mentors help facilitate self-led learning, all in a welcoming, inclusive environment.
What do I need to bring?
Bring a laptop, a desire to learn, and all your friendship!
What actually happens at a NodeSchool Seattle event?
NodeSchool Seattle events are an opportunity to hang out with other learners and mentors in a low stress, encouraging environment. Get set up to work on lessons with real industry tools on your own computer, at your own pace. A typical event follows this schedule:
• 1:00PM – Doors open
• 1:15PM – Introduction and opening announcements
• 1:40PM-5:00PM – Learning/Mentoring
• 3:00PMish – Food!
• 5:00PM – Event ends
In this edition we’ll have another focused session a GraphQL presented by Carlos Chacin. More details soon.
Where is the event?
1201 3rd Ave. Seattle, WA. 98101
How much does it cost?
NodeSchool Seattle is free. And open source!
How do I become a mentor?
We’re always looking for people to volunteer to be mentors! We ask that prospective mentors:
• Have already completed the core NodeSchool workshoppers ( http://nodeschool.io/#workshopper-list ) before the event.Having also completed some elective workshoppers is a great bonus.
• Review the Mentor Best Practices ( https://github.com/nodeschool/organizers/wiki/Event-Mentor-Best-Practices ) wiki page.
• Arrive 30 minutes early (12:30PM) so we can set up and have our mentor meeting.
• Sign up on the event’s GitHub issue (https://github.com/nodeschool/seattle/issues/88)!