EVENT PLANNING MANAGER
Location: Space Needle Headquarters
Manage, plan and execute approximately 500+ events per year for the Space Needle and Chihuly Garden and Glass. Serve as the client liaison to the operational teams for all events.
- Event Planning Manager (EPM) serves as the primary contact with Space Needle (SN) and Chihuly Garden and Glass (CGG) clients after the sale has been secured by the Sales Manager, interfacing directly with client and overseeing all logistical aspects of the event.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with clients through effective, timely and reliable communication.
- Manage the details of the events and communicates with all SN and CGG departments to ensure all events are executed to specifications of client.
- Serve as the on-site contact. EPM will be on site for all events over 100 people, weddings, high profile, VIP, owner and any others so determined due to complication factor. If EPM is not on duty, Banquet Manager’s cell phone will be given to the client for day of needs and EPM will be available by cell phone if needed. Ensure smooth transition and hand off to all operating departments.
- Keep Sales Managers abreast of changes to accounts and ensure they stay involved.
- Obtain necessary information to ensure efficient event planning and client satisfaction; including meeting setups, food and beverage specifications, AV requirements, transportation, billing, etc.; writes BEOs, ensure all necessary inter-company communication is accurate, timely and understood, lead pre-event meetings when necessary, ensure BEOs are signed.
- Monitor and ensure client’s overall satisfaction throughout planning and execution of event.
- Lead weekly BEO meetings and ensure all departments understand requirements for each event.
- Expert on event room set ups, linens, menus and event flow.
- Enforce all policies and procedures at CGG and SN and answers all questions from client in relation to the policies and procedures, rendering decisions as necessary.
- Monitor and manage all contractual agreements.
- Responsible for being proficient in, and maintaining Reserve and Meeting Matrix, ensuring both are used properly and new members of the team are trained on both.
- Enhance sales efforts by encouraging repeat business, and upselling.
- Develop and maintain favorable working relationships and open communication with all departments.
- Maintain favorable relationships with existing clients. Generate referrals from existing client base.
- Participate in community, professional organizations, representing and promoting the organization through community involvement.
- Recommend outside services from SN and CGG “preferred vendor” list when requested by client.
- Ensure events are prepaid or billed as appropriate, post payments and work with accounting to ensure all events are closed out by month end.
- Promote other SN and CGG services and up-sell where / when appropriate.
- Partner with Sales Managers on various projects (i.e. tradeshows, client events).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Minimum 2 years Event Planning experience in hospitality required
- Banquet experience a plus
- Strong computer literacy; Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good negotiation skills.
- Strong telephone and email etiquette and communication skills including the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and operations manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, managers, clients, guests or the general public. Displays confidence and poise in meeting and dealing with people face to face.
- Must show initiative and the ability to work with little supervision
- Conscientious in quality and guest service
- Strong general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, multi-tasking and delivery of results.
- Detail oriented
- Team oriented
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends (NYE is required) and attend networking events at varying times of the day and week.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all applicable units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Financial management skills, including budget management, expense control and analysis of Profit and Loss statements.
- Strong interpersonal influence skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, and relationship-building.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Must possess a valid State of Washington driver’s license.
Contact: Apply online.