The Alexa Platform is seeking creative, goal-oriented, journalists with a pop-culture sensibility to join our fast-paced team. We are focused on developing a smart assortment of human interest editorial content to help delight Alex’s users with timely responses at timely moments. If you are equally passionate about news, entertainment, and weird facts, an opportunity with Alexa may be a great match!
The ideal candidate has extensive background in news gathering, social-media posting, and is up to date on contemporary pop culture. We’re looking for a tenacious self-starter, and a talented storyteller who can craft a narrative in limited space. As a member of Alexa’s expanding editorial requirements, you will be responsible for helping readers discover new skills and abilities in a helpful and entertaining way. A successful candidate will come armed with strong creative ideas and successful track record of creating innovative and engaging digital content.
Write and edit 15+ new posts per day that tap into trending or soon-to-be-trending topics for online distribution and custom experiences across the digital landscape
- Stay on the pulse of what trends are happening in the world of our customer’s interests by identifying key items and trend stories and regularly pitching a variety of feature stories
- Partner with editorial team to build and execute a calendar that communicates a slate of fresh content and is competitively relevant
- Ensure all copy is on-brand, on-voice, and with the appropriate tone
- Turn every headline into a delighter
- Occasional copy-edit projects for non-editorial departments, including marketing, events, and design
- Proficient using CMS tools and other content creation tools
· 4+ years in a writing or editing role (not including internships)
- 2+ years of experience working cross-functionally in a professional setting, synthesizing feedback from stakeholders such as production, engineering, and marketing
- Professional portfolio of content
- A familiarity with the fast pace of internet publishing
- Experience with editing spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Trained in fact-checking and sourcing
- Knowledge of French language a plus.
- Analytical, data-based approach to content creation and a track record of driving results (engagement, traffic)
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- E-commerce experience or background
- A keen eye for identifying trends and translating them into concise, readable text
- Ability to work across teams and influence in areas without ownership
- Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Trained in media law
- Trained in SEO
- Familiar with content management systems
- Social media copywriting experience
Contact: Apply online.