Position: Product Marketing Program Manager
Where: Bainbridge Island
What: Avalara Inc., one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States, is seeking a Product Marketing Program Manager. Recently recognized by Inc. Magazine and other national publications, Avalara is the leader in web-based sales and use tax automation services and has experienced explosive growth since its inception in 2004. Based on Bainbridge Island, WA, and with offices across the U.S. and overseas, Avalara offers exciting opportunities in numerous fields.
The Program Manager role takes primary responsibility for collating, interpreting and publishing data that helps Avalara make informed product and marketing decisions. The role will also take increasing responsibility for executing subsequent programs including management of programs for legacy products, new services and the user experience of company web-site visitors.
The Product Marketing organization is built to work closely with all departments within Avalara, and this role takes specific responsibility for the following:
• Research and publication of results on market size and segmentation, both domestic and international, together with analysis of general industry statistics and trends.
• Competitive analysis and positioning including documentation and presentation of comparative strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
• Win/loss analysis on prospective customers including ability to document conclusions and drive improvement recommendations.
• Publishing of key company metrics including user and customer counts for all Avalara products, by industry and location, identifying usage and buying trends from within each data category leading to recommendations on market focus.
• Product analysis including transaction volumes and demographics for each Avalara solution, by geographic market (state/country), by customer and by OEM partner.
• Customer and Partner performance and satisfaction information, including Go-Live velocity, NPS, CPO/ PPO and Churn statistics, leading to recommendations for improvement.
• Marketing statistics analysis including lead source, lead to opportunity conversion, opportunity to close percentages, trend diagnostics on leads and lead sources.
• System performance statistics including incidences, accuracy, velocity, and solution availability by product as well as jurisdictions, boundaries, rules and rates supported.
• Product Marketing lead for legacy TrustFile, ISPI, vRates, AvaRates, and Payroll products as well as Solution (OEM), Accountants, Developers and Reseller programs including pricing, messaging, launch management, market communications, and eventual sunset programs.
• Management of a program to maximize the user experience from the Avalara web site. This includes brand capture from new visitors, ease-of-navigation and content management, and a single entry point for leads, customers, partners, employees, investors, and analysts.
1. Ten years or more of business analysis, product marketing and/or product management experience, preferably in the SaaS technology, or eCommerce or ERP business sectors.
2. Able to deeply articulate and subsequently deliver end-to-end business programs/processes
3. Experienced in managing cross-functional project teams within the high tech sector.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
5. Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively using team work and delegation.
6. Results oriented with strong time management skills, highly organized, driven to succeed.
Category: Jobs Board