Position: Starbuck’s Product Manager, Marketing – Brand Content & Online
What: The Starbucks digital strategy team is looking for a seasoned cross-discipline online marketer who is passionate about ideating and executing best-in-class digital marketing experiences.
Starbucks has invested in a world-class team to lead the future of customer and partner (employee) digital experiences for the global organization. These efforts have resulted in such recognition as one of the most popular brands on Facebook, an industry-leading email program, and innovation in online advertising and the mobile space. The company considers digital marketing and social media core to its overarching marketing strategy.
Requirements: Candidates should have a solid track record in digital campaign life cycles, including:
- Strategic planning and brainstorming
- Communicating the strategy and tactics to all levels in the organization
- Leading cross-functional teams, including creative and technical development
- Managing complex projects and multiple deadlines
- Reporting on key findings at project completion
Responsibilities: This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading the development of new online marketing opportunities within a category. Develops strategic assessments for online projects, and manages the projects against operating plans and budgets to achieve Starbucks financial and business objectives. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads project teams, cross functional teams and agencies to develop and implement new online programs and initiatives, ranging from website planning, execution, eCRM program support and assessment of online / social media opportunities against key business strategies and target markets.
- Develops and manages online business plans for category. Creates and presents the business case for new programs to support enterprise objectives. Makes recommendations or decisions regarding online projects, objectives strategies, implementation and sustainment. May provide information and direction for planning across channels.
- Develops strategic assessments, including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, for online projects and programs. Identifies and quantifies specific business and target audience drivers in support of online marketing strategies. Conducts and analyzes consumer research to determine new online marketing opportunities and to validate new programs. Monitors the domestic and global marketplace for new product innovations, competitors, lifestyle trends and emerging technologies.
- Leads development of new online products and related marketing opportunities, from concept through implementation strategies. Communicates direction to internal and external partners.
- Manages project teams and timelines to deliver online products and programs. May work with cross-functional partners and external vendors to ensure the best available costs, terms and quality. Manages the online business against operating plans and budgets. Tracks, analyzes and communicates project and program performance. Recommends action plans to address variances in category performance against annual plan.
Qualifications Summary of Experience
- Direct or indirect product or brand management with budget responsibility (5 years)
- Directly or indirectly creating marketing plans (3 years)
- Leading or assisting in development of product concepts, from conception through implementation (2 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of financial planning, forecasting, assortment planning and inventory management.
Contact: Apply online.